Thank you for your interest in getting your resume pre-screened through Management Consulted. Our friends at Stax Inc. know that there are quality candidates who are a part of the MC community, and are excited to review the resumes we forward on to them.
Read the job description carefully and make sure you meet the requirements.
About Stax Inc.
Stax is a global strategy consulting firm providing actionable, data-driven answers to clients’ critical strategic questions. Stax works across industries, functions and continents, partnering with public and private corporations, private equity firms, their portfolio operations groups and portfolio companies to help drive growth, enhance profits, increase value, and make better investment decisions.
Stax Inc. is expanding our talented team of consultants to join our work with private equity firms and the action-oriented management teams of their portfolio companies. We are seeking consultants with 3-5 years of experience who enjoy learning fast and finding new ways to solve challenging and complex business issues. As a Consultant, you’ll have a highly visible role on your team, you’ll gain terrific client exposure, and your work will directly impact the team’s success.
We recognize you are driven by the opportunity to learn by doing. Consultants directly interact with clients and are expected to take initiative, leading to increased responsibility. Working across a wide spectrum of industries on short-term engagements, you will constantly be learning, and expected to share your analyses and data-driven insights. For Consultants, Stax creates an environment where you will have enormous potential for client and industry exposure and career progression.
Life at Stax is unique – our goal is to empower and challenge employees, with a better work/life balance than industry benchmarks. You get more content, more client exposure, and more time to think because of our business model. No question: you’ll work hard like in any consulting firm, but Stax has several unique operational differences than firms in the sector, whether large, mid-sized, or boutique. Our case teams benefit from our global skill-specific research and analysis teams (secondary, primary, deep analytics) which provide overnight support. Our efficient and focused approach has always been around content and action orientation, rather than 3-4-5 day on-site models, and long-stays at client sites. While the world has reduced travel for the near term, Stax’s model was always far less travel than traditional consulting.
Stax’s success stems from our ability to quickly diagnose an issue, develop clear fact-based answers and provide practical next steps. We tackle engagements by debating with facts and analysis. Our consultants are empowered to call it like they see it, rather than deliver answers they think clients want to hear. And this is why we have the client base of large and mid-cap private equity firms and their portfolio companies.
Life at Stax
- High-profile engagements with the large and mid-cap private equity firms globally, and the leadership teams of their portfolio companies.
- Front-line exposure and leadership roles with our action-oriented, non-bureaucratic client base across sectors and project types.
- Immersive learning opportunities in a fast-paced environment.
- Content-focused environment which can nourish your analytically driven opinion.
- Associates, consultants, and managers are supported by our unique business model with integrated international teams that deliver research, data, analysis, and overnight support to allow you more time to think.
- Opportunities for personal growth and career development based on the merits of your work – the chance to have more than a 2-3-year stint – real upward mobility.
- Good people who genuinely care about the firm’s success and are consistently exploring ways to improve and build upon its accomplishments.
Competitive compensation that rewards strong performance and solid career development through mentorship and coaching opportunities. In addition, we offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family, 401(k) savings plan with company matching, 3 weeks of vacation, life and disability insurance, generous parental leave, pre-tax transit benefits, mobile phone stipend, wellness reimbursement, charitable gift matching, and more.
As a Consultant, you will serve as a key project team member responsible for understanding the client’s issues, structuring research plans, conducting in-depth analyses in support of client objectives, and building strategies. You will have exposure to a broad array of client needs and industries. Compensation consists of salary and bonus program competitive with leading strategy consulting firms. Travel pre-Covid was historically minimal (around 10%) and during Covid Stax is currently adhering to local safety guidelines across offices.
Specifically, in this role you will:
- Lead modular components, major project objectives and occasionally own workstreams.
- Understand client’s issues and effectively work with teams and “ask the right questions” to get at main issues and draw conclusions from the data collected.
- Design research plans, conduct business analyses, and discover insights from data.
- Develop as a subject matter expert (SME) for client and internal team.
Structure client deliverables and act as the point person for content and structure thinking.
- Effectively present sections of a deliverable to clients and field any questions pertaining to your area of oversight.
In many cases, you will be managing a small team of associates.
- Participate in client development efforts and help provide development opportunities to other junior team members.
- Candidates must have 3-5 years of experience with a strategy consulting firm, strategic planning/corporate strategy group, or private equity/venture capital firm.
- Bachelor’s degree with demonstrated academic excellence. An MBA degree is valuable but not required.
- Excellent strategic thinking, understanding of business research and analysis.
- Strong quantitative and analytic skills required. Detail oriented.
- Effective communication skills: written, verbal, and video.
- Self-starter with an intellectual curiosity, motivated to keep move things forward.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
- Experience hitting deadlines, and experience or interest in managing small teams on project specific modules.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Team player.
Boston, MA or Chicago, IL ONLY
$120-170K base (DOE) plus performance/relocation/other bonuses if applicable. Salary verified by Management Consulted data as being commensurate to peer firms.
The deadline to submit your resume is 11:59PM PDT on Friday April 9, 2021
Be sure to avoid these key resume errors, or if you really want your resume to shine, take advantage of our resume editing services. Once your resume is updated and looking top-notch, upload a PDF version (max size 2 MB).
All further communication regarding this opening will come directly from Stax Inc., should they choose to pursue further information from you. Management Consulted is not directly involved in the interview timeline or process.